The Small-Scale Sustainable Infrastructure Development Fund, Inc.
Last Updated: October 20, 2015
Welcome to the website of The Small-Scale Sustainable Infrastructure Development Fund, Inc. (“S3IDF”). Your use of the S3IDF website, including any of its services (collectively, the “Site”) is subject to these Terms (as defined below). By accessing or using the Site, you enter into a legal contract between you, a member or user of at least 18 years of age (“You”), and S3IDF regarding Your use of the Site. Visitors and users of the Site are referred to individually as “User” and collectively as “Users”.
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13 MAY NOT REGISTER WITH S3IDF OR USE THE SITE.
- Individual Features and Services. When using the Site, You will be subject to any additional posted guidelines or rules applicable to specific services and features, which may be posted from time to time (the “Guidelines”). All such Guidelines are hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms.
- Modification of these Terms. From time to time, S3IDF may change, remove, add to or otherwise modify the Terms, and reserves the right to do so in its discretion. In such case, we will post the updated Terms and indicate the date of revision. We encourage You to periodically review the Terms. In addition, if our modifications or additions are material, we will make reasonable efforts to notify You electronically. For example, we may send a message to Your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when You visit the Site for the first time after such material modifications are made. All new and/or amended Terms automatically take effect thirty (30) days after they are initially posted on the Site, except that (i) no modification to the Terms will apply to any dispute between You and S3IDF that arose prior to the date of such modification, and (ii) if You do not agree with any modification to the Terms, You may terminate the Agreement by ceasing use of the Site. Your continued use of the Site after new and/or revised Terms have been posted indicate that You have read, understood, and agreed to the current version of the Terms.
- User Postings License Grant; Representations and Warranties.
- User Postings Generally. S3IDF may now or in the future permit the posting by You and other Users of comments, written works, images, audio works, audio-visual works or other communications (collectively, “User Postings”) and the hosting, sharing, and/or publishing of such User Postings. You understand that whether or not such User Postings are published, S3IDF does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any submissions.
- Limited License Grant to S3IDF. By submitting or distributing User Postings on or through the Site, You hereby grant to S3IDF a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, assignable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to host, transfer, display, perform, reproduce, distribute and re-distribute, and otherwise exploit Your User Postings, in whole or in part, in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or hereafter developed). You also irrevocably grant the Site’s Users the right to access Your User Postings in connection with their use of the Site.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act. It is S3IDF’s policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. S3IDF will promptly terminate without notice any access to the Site if You are determined by S3IDF to be a “repeat infringer.” A repeat infringer is a User who has been notified by S3IDF of infringing activity violations more than twice and/or who has had a User Posting or any other user-submitted content removed from the Site more than twice.
- Prohibited Conduct. BY USING THE Site YOU AGREE NOT TO:
- use the Site for any purposes other than to access the Site for the purposes for which it is offered by S3IDF;
- rent, lease, loan, sell, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the licenses granted herein or any Materials (as defined in Section 10, below);
- post, upload, or distribute any defamatory, libelous, or inaccurate User Postings or other content;
- post, upload, or distribute any User Postings or other content that is unlawful or that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, offensive, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, distressing, vulgar, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or otherwise inappropriate;
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely claim an affiliation with any person or entity, forge another person’s digital signature, misrepresent the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via the Site, or perform any other similar fraudulent activity;
- delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notices on the Site or User Postings;
- make unsolicited offers, advertisements, proposals, or send any unsolicited communications to other Users of the Site. This includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other solicitation material, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, chain mail, informational announcements, charity requests, and petitions for signatures;
- use the Site for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law, including, without limitation, laws governing intellectual property and other proprietary rights, and data protection and privacy;
- defame, harass, abuse, threaten or defraud Users of the Site, or collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about Users or third parties without their consent, or use the Site for any commercial use, it being understood that the Site is for personal, non-commercial use only;
- remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site or User Postings, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Site, or features that seek to impose or enforce limitations on the use of the Site or User Postings;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Site or any part thereof, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation;
- modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works based upon the Site or any part thereof, except and only to the extent foregoing restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law; or
- intentionally or knowingly interfere with or damage operation of the Site or any user’s enjoyment of them, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code.
- Third-Party Sites, Products and Services; Links. The Site may include links or references to other web sites or services solely as a convenience to Users (“Reference Sites”). S3IDF does not endorse any such Reference Sites or the information, materials, products, or services contained on or accessible through Reference Sites. In addition, Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Site are solely between You and such advertiser. Access and use of Reference Sites, including the information, materials, products, and services on or available through Reference Sites, is solely at your own risk. We ARE NOT responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused to you by your use of or reliance on any goods or services available through ANY REFERENCE SITES.
- S3IDF. You agree that S3IDF, in its sole discretion, for any or no reason, and without penalty, may terminate Your use of the Site and remove and discard all or any part of any User Posting, at any time. S3IDF may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing access to the Site, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of Your access to the Site may be effected without prior notice, and You agree that S3IDF will not be liable to You or any third party for any such termination. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies S3IDF may have at law or in equity. As discussed herein, S3IDF does not permit copyright infringing activities on the Site, and will terminate access to the Site, and remove all User Postings or other content submitted by any Users who are found to be repeat infringers.
- You. Your only remedy with respect to any dissatisfaction with (i) the Site, (ii) any term of these Terms, (iii) Guidelines, (iv) any policy or practice of S3IDF in operating the Site, or (v) any content or information transmitted through the Site, is to discontinue use of any and all parts of the Site.
- You agree to indemnify, save, and hold S3IDF, its affiliated companies, contractors, employees, agents and its third-party suppliers, licensors, and partners harmless from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of Your use or misuse of the Site, any violation by You of these Terms, or any breach of the representations, warranties, and covenants made by You herein. S3IDF reserves the right, at Your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which You are required to indemnify S3IDF, and You agree to cooperate with S3IDF’s defense of these claims. S3IDF will use reasonable efforts to notify You of any such claim, action, or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
- Disclaimers; No Warranties.
- No Warranties. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, S3IDF, and its affiliates, partners, licensors and suppliers disclaim all warranties, statutory, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights with respect to the site and the materials. No product, advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by You from S3IDF or through the Site will create any warranty not expressly stated herein. You expressly acknowledge that as used in this Section 12 the term S3IDF includes S3IDF’s officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, licensors and subcontractors.
- “As is” and “As available” and “With All Faults”. You expressly agree that use of the Site is at your sole risk. The Site and any products, materials, data, information, third-party software, User Postings, reference sites, services, or applications made available in conjunction with or through the site are provided on an “as is” and “as available,” “with all faults” basis and without warranties or representations of any kind either express or implied.
- Content. S3IDF, its suppliers, licensors, affiliates, and partners do not warrant that the data, user postings, functions, or any other information offered on or through the site or any reference sites will be uninterrupted, or free of errors, viruses or other harmful components and do not warrant that any of the foregoing will be corrected.
- Accuracy. S3IDF, its suppliers, licensors, affiliates, and partners do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of its products, the site or any reference sites in terms of correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
- Harm to Your Computer.You understand and agree that YOU use, access, download, or otherwise obtain information, materials, or data through the site and any reference sites at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your property (including your computer system) or loss of data that results from the download or use of such material or data.
- Limitation of Liability and Damages.
- Limitation of Liability. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, will S3IDF or its affiliates, contractors, employees, agents, or third-party partners, licensors, or suppliers be liable for any direct, special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, reliance, or exemplary damages (including without limitation damages arising from any unsuccessful court action or legal dispute, lost business, lost revenues, or loss of anticipated profits or any other pecuniary or non-pecuniary loss or damage of any nature whatsoever) arising out of or relating to these terms or that result from your use of or your inability to use the site or any reference sites, or any other interactions with S3IDF, even if S3IDF or a S3IDF authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Reference Sites. These limitations of liability also apply with respect to damages incurred by you by reason of any products or services sold or provided on any reference sites or otherwise by third parties other than s3idf and received through or advertised on the site or received through any reference sites.
- Basis of the Bargain. You acknowledge and agree that S3IDF has offered its products and services, set its prices, and entered into these terms in reliance upon the warranty disclaimers and the limitations of liability set forth herein, that the warranty disclaimers and the limitations of liability set forth herein reflect a reasonable and fair allocation of risk between You and S3IDF, and that the warranty disclaimers and the limitations of liability set forth herein form an essential basis of the bargain between You and S3IDF. S3IDF would not be able to provide the site to you on an economically reasonable basis without these limitations.
- Limitations by Applicable Law.Some states or other jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of some or all implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to You. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state and jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
- Waiver. The failure of S3IDF to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of any provision of these Terms will be effective only if in writing and signed by S3IDF.
- Governing Law. These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
- For Users residing outside the United States of America and using the Site in another territory, Section 14.5 (Jurisdiction) does not apply and this Section 14.4 applies to You. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms or your use of the S3IDF Services shall be finally settled by binding arbitration in Boston, Massachusetts under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce by three arbitrator(s) appointed in accordance with said rules; judgment on the award rendered by these arbitrators may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The parties agree that this arbitration is the exclusive remedy for any disputes.
- Jurisdiction. For Users residing inside the United States of America and using the Site in the United States, Section 14.4 (Arbitration) does not apply and this Section 14.5 applies to You. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms or S3IDF will be filed in local, state or federal courts in and You hereby consent and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms or any Guidelines is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated from these Terms to the minimum extent necessary and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Survival. Upon termination of these Terms, any provision, which, by its nature or express terms should survive, will survive such termination or expiration, including, but not limited to, Sections 5 through 14.
- Headings. The heading references herein are for convenience purposes only, do not constitute a part of these Terms, and will not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof.
- Claims. You and S3IDF agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the Site must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
- Disclosures. The services hereunder are offered by The Small-Scale Sustainable Infrastructure Development Fund, Inc. The Carriage House, 5 Hastings Square, Cambridge, MA 02139 USA and email: info@S3IDF.org.
The Small-Scale Sustainable Infrastructure Development Fund, Inc.
Last Updated October 20, 2015
The Small-Scale Sustainable Infrastructure Development Fund, Inc. (“S3IDF”) values the privacy of our users, members, and others who visit and use www.S3IDF.org and its associated websites and services (collectively, the “S3IDF Site”) (collectively or individually “Users”). This statement governs information you provide to us or that we learn from your use of the S3IDF Site and tells you how we may collect, use, and in some instances share this information.
The Information S3IDF Collects
User Provided Information: You may provide to S3IDF what is generally called “personally identifiable” information when you register, such as your name, social security number, driver’s license number, bank account number and routing information, postal mailing address, e-mail address, business/mobile telephone number, credit card number, and curriculum vitae.
“Cookies” Information: When you visit the S3IDF Site, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. S3IDF uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the S3IDF Site. By using these cookies, we can “remember” what you have done on the S3IDF Site before and personalize our site for you. These persistent types of cookies can be removed. Each web browser implements different functionality, so please refer to the manuals or technical support resources that are available in conjunction with your web browser to learn the correct way to modify your cookies set-up. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent you from accessing some of the functionality and site offerings available via the S3IDF Site.
“Automatically Collected” Information: When you visit the S3IDF Site or open one of our HTML emails, we may record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons”. This “automatically collected” information may include your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), web browser type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the S3IDF Site, the pages you view on our site, and the dates and times that you visit.
The Way S3IDF Uses Information
S3IDF uses the information that we collect to provide to you all of the features and services found on the S3IDF Site. We will use your email address, without further consent, for non-marketing or administrative purposes such as notifying you of major site updates.
S3IDF may use all of the information that we collect from our Users to understand the usage trends and preferences, to improve the way the S3IDF Site works and looks, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, and to create new features and functionality.
S3IDF may use automatically collected information and cookies information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the S3IDF Site; (b) monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; and (c) monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
S3IDF will not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send promotional or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in.
When S3IDF Discloses Information
S3IDF may disclose both personally identifiable and automatically collected information to affiliated companies or other businesses or persons to process such information on our behalf, to provide website maintenance and security, to offer certain features on the S3IDF Site, to assist us in improving the way the S3IDF Site works and looks, and to create new features. We use reasonable efforts to: (i) limit their use of such information, and (iii) see that these parties use other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We may share automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the S3IDF Site.
We do not share personally identifiable information with other third-party organizations for their marketing or promotional use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in.
Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides their personal information to S3IDF through the S3IDF Site represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
Links to Other Sites
Our Commitment to Data Security
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use secure server software (SSL) and firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If S3IDF learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the S3IDF Site or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the S3IDF Site. S3IDF may post a notice on the S3IDF Site if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view S3IDF’s Service. S3IDF may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us via email at info@S3IDF.org
Special Note to International Users
The S3IDF Site is hosted in the United States. If you are a User accessing the S3IDF Site from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure, that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions, and by providing your personal data you consent to:
the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
In the Event of Merger or Sale
If S3IDF should ever file for bankruptcy or have its assets sold to or merge with another entity, information S3IDF receives from you through the S3IDF Site is a S3IDF asset and may be transferred.