S3IDF currently has the following job openings:
Assistant to the Director
The Small-Scale Sustainable Infrastructure Development Fund, Inc. (S3IDF) (www.S3IDF.org) is a Cambridge, Massachusetts-based international non-profit 501c(3) organization that builds inclusive market systems to promote equitable economic and social development. S3IDF’s work positively impacts poor and underserved communities, strengthens local economies, and changes mindsets and international development processes.
The Assistant to the Director must be invested in building strong working relationships with the Innovation Director (ID), his contacts, colleagues and other S3IDF stakeholders. Primary responsibilities are administrative and limited personal assistant tasks in addition to providing research on a variety of international development topics relevant to the ID’s work. Given the relatively small size of the organization the Assistant to the Director should be comfortable occasionally working alone in the office as other team members attend events, meetings and/or travel. This person must appreciate the importance and value of administrative support to an organization and find such a role fulfilling.
The role is being considered as part time position with the option to be a full time position if the right candidate. Ideally, candidates will be available to work in office each day for a set number of hours. The exact number of hours will be determined in coordination with the position candidate, with the option to eventually conduct some of the work remotely. Preferred candidates will also be available to increase hours in select high-priority weeks (i.e. pre-international travel).
Creating consistency, continuity and efficiencies while promoting a calm and supportive environment within a small-office setting are important elements of this position.
The primary duties of the Assistant to the Director include, but are not limited to:
ID Relationship Management:
- Maintain working knowledge of ID’s key contacts and facilitate his knowledge sharing, relationship-strengthening and broader thought discussions with said contacts
- Draft and edit (for grammar and nuance) communications to key contacts and collaborators and assist ID in responding to email correspondence and following up.
- Manage contact lists through routinely update office-management systems with new information.
- Track and manage ID-related calendars, including meetings and priority communications.
Executive Administrative Support:
- Handle general inquiries, office correspondence, telephone, mail, and e-mail.
- Arrange, manage, and coordinate all international and domestic travel for ID. Travel planning includes arranging visas, passport renewals, flights and accommodations.
- Manage multiple email accounts to support ID.
- Support and troubleshoot the ID’s computer issues, both software and hardware, including spending time working with ID to develop his higher functional usage of software programs.
- Organize and manage the ID’s files, coordinating with the existing office filing and data management systems.
- Edit internal and external documents for both grammar and nuance.
- Complete the ID’s time sheets and expense reporting.
- Prepare documents for meetings and presentations and take notes at meetings.
- Act as liaison between the ID and other S3IDF staff.
- Handle special projects, conduct research, analyze data and create well-written, comprehensive and accurate research products as instructed to support ID’s work.
- Conduct research on subjects related to S3IDF’s areas of interest and apply relevant theories, news, biographical data, and other information to various tasks and activities to benefit and support the organization.
- Carry out ID’s personal support tasks, especially when the Innovation Director is traveling; including but not limited to personal banking, bill paying, maintaining personal calendars, document scanning, tenant interactions (especially when ID travels), intermittent household-staff outreach, etc.
- Take on other projects and tasks in keeping with the organization’s priorities and needs.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
- At least one year of administrative assistance experience
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, and articulate emails and succinct reports
- Superior proofreading, information gathering and listening skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Capacity to gather, evaluate and present a variety of data in a concise manner
- Ability to work under pressure to meet internal and external deadlines
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office; previous Dropbox experience a plus
- Experience communicating with individuals abroad a plus
***To be considered, all applicants must submit the following to Robin@S3IDF.org:
- Cover Letter
 Note: The order of the duties does not indicate relative importance or prioritization nor time allocation.
To be considered, all applicants must submit the following to Robin@S3IDF.org:
- Cover letter
Each applicant must bear in mind that submission of incomplete or inaccurate applications may render that applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening. Initial screening and evaluation of applications will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to a reference-checking process to verify the information provided in the application.
No phone calls please.